Join the team at Lovania: PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS
Full-time 39 hours per week
We are looking to recruit PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS to join our team at Lovania Nurseries. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the incredibly talented Production Team at one of the leading ornamental plant producers in the UK, supplying Garden Centres and major retailers on a national scale. Successful candidates will play a crucial part in ensuring the Lovania Operation remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organising workflows.
Our Production Team is the core function of our business, so the ability to motivate and organise others is essential. The successful applicants will ideally have strong attention to detail and be capable of working on their own initiative. Investing in our team is crucial to ensuring we remain competitive to our customers, which is why we train and develop our employees to build the knowledge, confidence and skills they need to be the best and keep our customers smiling.
Areas of Responsibility
- Managing the workload and daily tasks of the Production Team
- Taking instructions from senior managers and allocating the required tasks to members of the Production Team
- General management of the Production Team including tasks such as plant transplanting, multiple planting and lifting product
- Managing production plans, planting plans and lifting schedules and ensuring the team members understand the tasks assigned to them, attain the relevant targets and meet quality assurance.
- Being responsible for ensuring the quality of product is maintained throughout the production process liaising with the Quality Assurance team to deliver consistently excellent quality at all times.
- Overseeing the Health and Safety and well-being of team members whilst at work, reporting any welfare and or safety issues to your line manager.
- Managing all paperwork relating to production numbers, completing required production record sheets along with daily contract volume trackers.
- Motivating team members to achieve planned targets.
- You will receive training for the use of production machinery to assist in your understanding of the workings of the machinery to ensure quality at all production stages and reporting any mechanical and Health and Safety issues to your line manager immediately.
- You will be expected to identify any potential issues in efficiency and to suggest improvements and new ways of working that can better our processes and or the product.
- Mentoring new employees and giving training in company standards and providing guidance on the use of equipment and complying with safety standards.
- Demonstrating the Lovania values.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Fluency in English.
To apply, or if you have any questions please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 7 December 2018